Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Silhouette- Urban City Chic

High Fashion Grunger 
Rough Rose
Gaga Confidence
Style Conqueror 
So as some of you already know, I'm done school and coming back home to the city :) So I thought I would inspire my latest Silhouette with this recent occurrence. Some of the looks are a bit out there but can definitely be worn and accepted in a big city.... learned this first hand. In my small university city where fashion is not a top priority, I decided to wear a white tank with horizontal ripped lines along the front to the corner store before heading to the beach. Its a hot top, made it myself and if you're on your fashion A-game then you know thats a trendy piece to have this summer. But as I paid for my things, the cashier looked at me and said, "Looks like you were attacked by a bear... no offence." Ahhh, no offence... I would have been ok with the first comment about the bear but no offence, arghhh. I just wanted to explain how cool my top was but knew it wasn't worth it. I felt almost like Cher in Clueless when that guy who robbed her, tells her to lay on the ground, and she tries to explain to him that its an Alaia dress and its super expense and not meant to socialize with the dirty asphalt. I know that in the big city, society would have welcomed the bear mangled tank. So here's to the BIG CITY and being open minded to new looks, ideas and me! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home